Localization for PSE [Issues, Request]

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

MeowOoMeow

Localization for PSE [Issues, Request]

Post by MeowOoMeow »

Hi Erik JS. I used this tool for 3 years. My work at ME3BINI is great :D, cause i have unlocked all weekend chall and this awardable (all banners for all week challenge) unnerfed all bioware's nerfes etc. Even the BioWare.dds (downloaded from n7hq as PNG and converted to DDS) has been adden in HTTP Folder, cause it's not exist in that folder (i don't know why) Why not :D And i have a friend from Italia. So, i born in the Russia (Bears, Vodka, Huligany yep :D) And we have some trouble with "localization" in PSE. I'll attach some screens below. I think some files in PSE not exist. Or this programm creates only for english language. How i can download this TLK files from EA server? Or how to make it? Because i can't do it. I have added some strings like $7283827blablabla and it's work only for english. If we get some more files (like the TLK, i don't now what else needed) from EA that going be great :) P.S Sorry for my english :D i hope you can understand some info from this text, cause i hate google translator haha.
---
Screens [Google Drive]:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HDS ... W53Yk9nQXM
Or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HDS6 ... 9nQXM/view
---
I don't know how exactly gdrive works, but i hope this links can be opened. P.S. Original Cerberus is a part mod of my ME3BINI. Not usual coalesced. It's Mgamerz old idea and i like that waves :D
---
Ohh i forgot about issues. It's a regional format problem. If i set regional format to USA (in windows setting) my Leaderboards is "working as intended". But my regional format set default is Russian. If i use default format (rus)... In the leaderboards i always seems is my n7 rating on 46. Even my rating was 1 or 65000. Always 46 on Russian reg, for USA it's show normal rating.
Also, ME3PlayerDataEditor.exe don't work with rus format as well, only for english. It's run, and i'm trying to load my profile into tool. I have error.
There another screens [Google Drive]:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HDS ... VE2bk5DZmM
Or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HDS6 ... 5DZmM/view
---
And yes, another request (or question)... In the original EA server, when my weekend challenges is completed (ye, it's work even on EA servers :D), the game is gives me some packs. But in the PSE if i complete weekend challenges it's not given any packs at all...
Screen for my origin's store:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HDS ... Etmb2RSd00
Or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HDS6 ... RSd00/view
Erik JS

Re: Localization for PSE [Issues, Request]

Post by Erik JS »

MeowOoMeow wrote:Even the BioWare.dds (downloaded from n7hq as PNG and converted to DDS) has been adden in HTTP Folder, cause it's not exist in that folder (i don't know why)
This was intentional. I figured some people would abuse the BioWare banner on real EA server if I included it in PSE, since you can force it through "Import player settings" under MITM or through Cheat Engine by searching your current banner value and changing it to 154 - but don't tell anyone!
Well, whatever... I'll include the BioWare banner in the next release.
MeowOoMeow wrote:And we have some trouble with "localization" in PSE. I'll attach some screens below. I think some files in PSE not exist. Or this programm creates only for english language. How i can download this TLK files from EA server? Or how to make it? Because i can't do it.
Mgamerz mentioned the existence of multiple server TLK's for different languages via Skype... I think I said I was going to look into that? :oops:
Anyway, the TLK file from EA server is presumably a file. What we actually receive from the server is a bunch of encoded strings through a packet sent to the game. We can't download it like we do with the banners, but we can capture it though MITM.
I realize that one alternative we have here is to have you capture the packet from your Russian version as you normally would play through Origin and then send me the file. What do you think? (I'll give you instructions on this)
MeowOoMeow wrote:Ohh i forgot about issues. It's a regional format problem. If i set regional format to USA (in windows setting) my Leaderboards is "working as intended". But my regional format set default is Russian. If i use default format (rus)... In the leaderboards i always seems is my n7 rating on 46. Even my rating was 1 or 65000. Always 46 on Russian reg, for USA it's show normal rating.
Also, ME3PlayerDataEditor.exe don't work with rus format as well, only for english. It's run, and i'm trying to load my profile into tool. I have error.
PSE uses PDE in order to obtain player's rank. If PDE cannot read the player file, then PSE will return some bogus data for the leaderboards.
I don't know which part of PDE's code is having problems with reading the file under Russian localization, but it's possible to set up PDE to always work under "en-US" regardless of system settings (I'll test this)
MeowOoMeow wrote:And yes, another request (or question)... In the original EA server, when my weekend challenges is completed (ye, it's work even on EA servers ), the game is gives me some packs. But in the PSE if i complete weekend challenges it's not given any packs at all...
Screen for my origin's store:
Hmm, interesting. I have some incomplete weekend challenges under my Origin profile, but I never tried to "unlock" them. I only know the basics about weekend challenges, I never tried to set up one, while skimming through the server coalesced, I always hold PgDown when I reach the challenges, damn lots of info. :lol:
I know there is a flag for the pack you get as reward somewhere in the challenge definitions, but I don't think I ever watched one of those in order to see how they are actually handled by the game.
MeowOoMeow

Post by MeowOoMeow »

"I realize that one alternative we have here is to have you capture the packet from your Russian version as you normally would play through Origin and then send me the file. What do you think? (I'll give you instructions on this)"
I can even give you my rus profile if necessary. Cause i'm not afraid and you can be trusted :D How i can PM to you? lol i'm so noob in this forum...))) hmmm. also my pirate version of ME3 can connect to EA servers (with origin's login/pass) and i can change language from game's menu. And it's downloaded some different :D A lot of choice.
---
"I figured some people would abuse the BioWare banner on real EA server if I included it in PSE, since you can force it through "Import player settings" under MITM or through Cheat Engine by searching your current banner value and changing it to 154 - but don't tell anyone!"
Ye, i know this. My ServerCoalesced from PSE ME3BINI has coded even better. Can choice any banner in the game :D but maybe you're right, bioware.dds don't need. I did not think about it. :(
---
UPD. Looks like i did it... 7 packets is ready for you. But it's packet includes email/pass as well :D and i need PM there files to you. I hope those files will help. P.S. if i did mistakes with capture TLK files, tell me how did it. Every file has ME3_LIVE_TLK_PC_ANYLANGHERE and CHUNK_0 etc. Maybe this chunks has some tlk file info. I don't know. But it's complete :)
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

MeowOoMeow wrote:UPD. Looks like i did it... 7 packets is ready for you. But it's packet includes email/pass as well and i need PM there files to you. I hope those files will help. P.S. if i did mistakes with capture TLK files, tell me how did it. Every file has ME3_LIVE_TLK_PC_ANYLANGHERE and CHUNK_0 etc. Maybe this chunks has some tlk file info. I don't know. But it's complete
Actually, I found out I could force the game's language through Windows registry, so I already have all the 7 language TLK's now. I was just uploading them to Dropbox while you were editing your post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b56633vya1f0 ... GlNKa?dl=0

But thanks anyway. :)
MeowOoMeow

Post by MeowOoMeow »

Nice job. How to use it?)))) or it's became usable from new pse's revision? i try to replace usual tlk file with ru and nothing to happend :D why bioware's system is not working as intended :(
---
UPD. it's works. but... hmmm lol
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HDS ... nVjcUFIQUE
in english lang, it's loads russian strings as well :D but in russian lang nothing to happen. $828282blablabla. i don't understand how EA's TLK works... O_O
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Check the link from my previous post. Get PSE_test_TLK.zip.
MeowOoMeow

Post by MeowOoMeow »

haha... awesome!!
---
2017.10.15 20:03:52 TLK file requested | language: ru
2017.10.15 20:03:52 TLK file found.
---
2017.10.15 20:05:17 TLK file requested | language: it
2017.10.15 20:05:17 TLK file found.
---
2017.10.15 20:05:56 TLK file requested | language: en
2017.10.15 20:05:56 TLK file found.
---
Has tested this langs and it's works :D wow.
---
Looks like you fixed leaderboards. Finally, my rating was 1 as my profile. Not 46 :D
hmmm ME3PlayerDataEditor i make the video, cause it's difficult to explain. i try load my profile and this programm just "exit"
There is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMp8-9g2xs
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

OK, I fixed PDE, it should work properly now... same link from before.
MeowOoMeow

Post by MeowOoMeow »

Yes, it's works :) Nice work. Thank you.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Good to see work still being done on this :)