Disabling balance changes

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

Erik JS

Re: Disabling balance changes

Post by Erik JS »

I also managed to generate a new SDK with MP references, the only thing I did was literally changing "1.0" to "1.5". :P
Anyway, it's great that we finally have the MP classes and functions available now.

Currently, I'm trying to generate an SDK for Mirror's Edge, but it's not working (I checked through Reclass and both GObjects and GNames seem solid, also found ProcessEvent and UEngine). I'll also try this stuff on Alpha Protocol and Singularity.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I think the 1.0/1.5 is only used for the top of the output file and isn't actually used codewise. Mine was 1.5 but didn't seem to work until I changed gobj.

I'm going to try some simple things with different hooks tonight. Looks like I'll need to add some asi management to mod manager tonight :D
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Mgamerz wrote:I think the 1.0/1.5 is only used for the top of the output file and isn't actually used codewise.
Yes, that's what I said. I literally did nothing. (this damn ":P" emoticon of phpBB is just beyond bad for pointing out sarcasm)

I finally managed to generate a Mirror's Edge SDK here by replacing the pattern find function call with the actual location of things, just as you did for ME3's.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Cool. Any asis we build will only work for a specific version then? Will the object list be different if different DLC is installed?
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Basically, yes.

The way I do things consists in looking for the object and testing it to see if it has been actually found.

Example:

Code: Select all

UDLCitemXYZ *myDLCitemXYZ = (UDLCitemXYZ*)UObject::FindObject<UObject>("DLCitemXYZ World.Items.ItemXYZ");
if (myDLCitemXYZ)
{
 // object has been found, do stuff
}
In this example, if myDLCitemXYZ is null, we could say that the player is not playing a level. Or is playing a level and doesn't have the DLC installed. Or has the DLC installed, but isn't in the specific level where that item is supposed to be. Whatever reason for not having that item in the object list works here. So just look for what you want and check if it has been found.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Cool. I'm going to make an ASI thread in the Mass Effect 3 board so we can stop being off topic here. It'd be a good place to compare notes and tutorials and such. I plan on making a tutorial for making ASI mods with a shell solution project.