Insanity Challenge Classic by FemShep
Insanity Challenge takes everything you know about playing normal Mass Effect 3 games and throws it out the window. This mod makes you question if it's really worth running out into the open to save your teammates or letting them bleed to death to save the team.
Many elements are changed in Insanity Challenge:
- Combo explosions will stagger allies
- Enemy grenades will stagger enemies
- Shockwave will stagger allies
- Enemy shields recharge quickly and fully
- Players have a +50% (good) to their weight encumbrance to balance out power users
- Beta objective is enabled (Prothean Artifact). It is a harder version of the object transport objective
- Multiple enemy changes (some only affect higher difficulties):
- Nemesis has multi-shot raptor (similar to the player)
- Possessed scions suppress the player with grenades
- Cerberus throws far more grenades to flush players out
- Geth Prime supresses at distance and is deadly point-blank
- Ravager shoots faster (and more on platinum)
- Phantoms shoot faster but have a lower sync-kill rate
- Abominations run faster and are possessed more often
As the name implies, this mod was created with an additional set of rules that stipulate how you must play to meet the challenge requirements.
- No armored compartments on Gold
- No farming
- For Gold difficulty, max of 3 players
- For Platinum difficulty, max of 4 players
- No Geth Juggernauts on Gold
Even with the limits on the number of players, this mod is still difficult and very fun with a party of 4.
This mod is included in Mod Manager by default.
Insanity Challenge modifies the following items:
- Patch 2
- Due to bugs in the Gibbed's Coalesced compiler, the store will give out items you already have